There are two ways to add referees in assignr.com:
- Import referees from a CSV (Excel) spreadsheet, or
- Add referees one-at-a-time from the People screen.
To learn how to add referees in bulk via a spreadsheet, follow the steps in this article.
To add an official to your site (one at a time), follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Assignr account.
2. Select the People screen.
3. Select '+ Add New Person.'
4. Enter the official's first and last name.
5. Enter the official's email address.
Note: each account can have multiple email addresses.
Any emails sent to an official by Assignr will go to all listed email addresses.
While an email address is not technically required, a referee without an email address will not be able to log in.
6. Decide if/how you want the official to receive their login credentials.
The 'Send New Account Email Immediately' box defaults to being checked.
This will trigger an email with instructions for your official to login once you save their profile. You're welcome to uncheck this if you prefer to send out login instructions at a later time.
Note: when a new account is created via a spreadsheet import, the official will not automatically receive a new account email.
If your official doesn't automatically receive a new account email, then once you add someone to the system, you can use the 'Send New Account Email' link in their Profile to push out a new account email to them.
If you have multiple people who have never logged in, you can send invites out in bulk by using the 'Send New Account Emails...' link, which can be found at the top of the People page.
7. Optional: enter the official's address.
8. Optional: enter the official's ID / Groups / Date Of Birth information.
These fields can be used to store identification numbers and certification level.
Note: Date of Birth can be entered, but will only be displayed as an age or as a masked date of birth (e.g. Jan 15 2001 will be displayed as "XXX XX 2001").
Also, the ID fields must not be used for sensitive or other personally identifiable information (such as Social Security number, Social Insurance Number, or driver's license number). Should you want to collect an official's W9, please use our Financial module to do so.
9. Optional: hide the official's profile from other officials.
Referees have access to a list of all of the other referees on the site. The 'Hide Profile from Other Referees' checkbox allows a referee (or you on behalf of the referee) to hide their personal information from other officials.
For the hidden folks, referees will only be able to send them messages when they are assigned to the same game.
10. Optional: enter the official's Assignment Limits.
The Max Per Day, Max Per Week, and Max Per Month values can be used to enforce assignment limits for referees. This will ensure that a referee cannot work more than a given number of assignments per day, per week, or per month.
Some details about how assignment limits work:
- By default, assignment limits are not set for a site or for a referee.
- An entire site can be configured with an assignment limit, which will apply to all referees in the site. Assignment limits for a site are configured on the Site settings screen.
- An individual referee may also have an assignment limit, based on the following rules:
- If a limit is set for a site, but is not set for an individual referee, the site's value will be used.
- If a limit is set for an individual referee, the referee's value will be used, and the site value will be ignored.
- If a limit is not set for the site or the referee, a limit will not be enforced.
- Weekly counts are calculated using a calendar week (Sunday-Saturday), and monthly counts are calculated based on a calendar month.
11. Optional: upload a profile picture of the official.
12. Set the official's Permissions.
Your user accounts can have any of the four privileges:
Referee. Referees can view their own assignments.
Assignor. An Assignor has access to view and modify all information in the system.
Observer. An Observer has read-only privileges to all areas of your site. If you have a coach, athletic director, or school administrator that needs to view the information in your system, they should be granted the Observer role. By default, they do not have access to view personal details on your referees, but you can configure this so that they can view public details, or view all details for your referees.
Manager. A Manager has read-only privileges to view games and assigned officials. This permission is usually assigned to a coach, athletic director, or other personnel who only need to view the games they are affiliated with. When you check the 'Is a Manager?' checkbox, you can also enter the person's 'Title / Position' so that it is obvious who they are when you view their profile in the system.
Each Manager is assigned one or more age groups, venues, teams, genders, game types, or leagues, which you can assign once you click the Update button.
Account Owner. The account owner has the capability to change the method of payment. This cannot be changed from the Add Person screen, contact assignr.com support to change site ownership.
If you want to grant a referee the assignor privilege, check the Is an Assignor? checkbox. By default, any new users added to the site will be granted the referee privilege.
13. Select 'Save.'
And there you have it! Let us know if you have questions on any of this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 👍