assignr.com's video feature allows assignors to post a video into the Video Library. Assignors can also ask officials to view and respond to a video with an open-ended question.
Examples of this might include:
- Upload a basketball clip of a fast moving block/charge play. Ask your officials "was this a block or a charge? Explain your decision."
- Upload a soccer clip of a player moving towards goal that is taken down at the top of the penalty area. Ask your officials "was this just a foul, or should this be punished as denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity? What factors influenced your decision?"
To upload a new video
- click Videos, then click Upload a Video
- click the Choose Files button, and choose the video file, OR
- drag-and-drop the video file into the blue box
Once the file has finished uploading, click the Review Uploads button. This will take you to My Videos page.
- next to the video, click the Edit button
- change the title if needed. The title will display in the main Video Library page.
- in the description box, describe what is going on with the video, and type your question into the box. Officials will see the description when they view the video.
- click the Display in Video Library checkbox
- in the Allow Comments box, choose Individual Response
- click Update Video
To respond to the question
- click Videos, then click Video Library
- next to a video, click the Discuss button
- click Add a Comment
- enter your comments in the box.
- click Post Your Comment