If you want to provide maps and driving directions for your referees, you will need to specify a location for each venue. assignr.com uses Google Maps to display a location for each venue, which can also be used to generate driving directions.
To set up a location for a venue:
- Click the Maintenance menu item.
- Click the Venues menu item.
- If you are working with an existing venue, find the venue in the list and click the Edit link.
- If you are adding a new venue, click the Add New Venue link.
- Type as much of the venue's address as you know. If you don't know the address, you can type a city and state.
- assignr.com will attempt to locate your venue on the map. You can use your mouse to drag-and-drop the marker to the exact location of your venue
- Click Update.
Once a location has been set for a venue, the location will be visible in:
- Any of the Games lists for referees, assignors, or observers. Just click the venue name to view the map.
- Game email notifications. A small Google map will be shown in the outbound email notifications.