The Assignr notification system allows you a quick and easy way to keep your officials informed of assignments, changes, and any other important information. Most notifications are sent via email, and some notices are also sent by mobile push notification if an official has installed the mobile app and activated notifications.
Assignr sends out notification messages via email and mobile push notification automatically for these actions:
- New and Removed Assignments. If an official is assigned to a game, and the game has been "published", the official will receive a message and will be asked to accept or decline the game. Games that are "private" will not generate messages. Also, if an official has been assigned to a game, and the game is changed from "public" to "private", the official will receive a message stating that they are no longer assigned to the game.
- Game Date/Time/Venue changes. When a date, time, or venue changes, the assigned officials will receive a message informing them of the change, and asking them to re-confirm the game.
- Game Cancelations. If a game is canceled, or if a canceled game is changed to Active (e.g. "un-canceled"), the assigned officials will be asked to re-confirm the game.
- Game attribute changes. If any other game attribute changes (other than date/time/venue/public-private/active-canceled), the officials will be informed of the change but will not be required to re-confirm the game.
- Assignment Reminders. Assigned officials will receive an email reminder 24-48 hours prior to the game start time.
- Accept/Decline Reminders. If an official has been asked to confirm their assignments, and they have not done so, they will receive a daily reminder message. The message will remind the official of the unconfirmed assignments, and ask them to confirm the assignments on the Assignr website.
- Accept/Decline Status. If an official declines a game, the assignor will get an immediate email notification. A daily email is also generated that lists all games accepted within the last 24 hours, and also lists those games that have not yet been confirmed.
Assignr will not send notifications when a game is unpublished, or for games that occur in the past.
You can safely make changes to unpublished games, and past games, without generating a notification to an official.
No configuration is required to generate these messages.
In addition, the Assignr service allows officials and assignors to generate email and push notification messages as a way to improve communication among officials and assignors.