All Collections
Assignr Help
Direct Deposit - Administrators
Cancelling a Payment / Incorrect Payment Amounts
Cancelling a Payment / Incorrect Payment Amounts
Jeff Wigal avatar
Written by Jeff Wigal
Updated over a week ago

After a payment is initiated, there is a short window of time where the payment can be cancelled if an error is discovered. A payment can be cancelled up until 5pm Eastern time on the same business day. Transfers that are initiated after 5pm Eastern time can be cancelled anytime up until 5pm Eastern time on the following business day.

To cancel a payment, navigate to the Payments page, and find the batch that contains the payment made in error. If the individual payment to an official can be cancelled, you will see a Cancel button next to the payment.


Once the 5pm deadline passes, the transaction can't be cancelled. If the error is discovered after the deadline, the remedy will depend on whether the official was underpaid or overpaid.

If an official is underpaid, you will need to initiate a new payment to the official in the amount of the underpayment.

The easiest way to do this is to create a new statement for the official, and manually add the amount to the statement. You can also add the underpayment amount to an existing unpaid statement, if the official has one.

A new statement can be created from the Statements page.

  • Financials β†’ View Payors

  • Click the Payor's name

  • Click Statements

  • Click the New Statement button.

If an official is overpaid, there are several options.

  • Withhold the amount from a future payment, or

  • Arrange for the official to pay you back outside of the payment system.

We recommend that you contact support for guidance on the best way to facilitate this, as we can help make sure that your payment records remain accurate, especially if you accept a payment from an official outside of our system.

We are unable to initiate a payment from the official's account directly to a payor's bank account. At some point in the future, we may allow an official to make a one time payment back to you. If you are interested in this functionality, please contact us and let us know.

Did this answer your question?