Referees and assignors can generate email messages to each other right from the assignr.com website.
- Message screen. The Messages page can be found in the upper-right corner of any screen in assignr.com. Referees and assignors can generate messages to each other using this page. For referees, this lists all messages that you have received. For assignors, this shows all messages generated on your site.
- Games screen. Each game shown on the Games screen has an envelope icon. Just click the icon to send a message to the assigned crew for a specific game.
In addition, the assignr.com service features a number of system-generated messages to keep everyone informed as the assignment schedule changes.
Positive Message Delivery
assignr.com uses advanced email delivery technology to track the status of any outbound email.
- For each message sent, we can tell you whether it was delivered or not.
- In many cases, we can even tell you when a particular email was opened
- A list of bounced email messages will be summarized in the daily assignor email.
- Your email delivery status can be checked by clicking your name at the top of the screen. Your personal information will indicate the last message that has been sent to you, and whether the message was delivered or not.
Any email delivery problems will be noted on the Messages screen. The following terms are used to describe the delivery status of an email:
- Queued: An email has been queued up for delivery, but has not yet been sent.
- Delivered: The email was delivered.
- Bounced: An email could not be delivered. The most common reasons are a full mailbox or an email address that does not exist. Any future attempts to send email to this address will be stopped.
- Complained: The email was delivered, but the recipient clicked a "this is spam" button. Any future attempts to send email to this address will be stopped.
- Unsubscribed: The recipient clicked the "unsubscribe" link in the outbound email. Any future attempts to send email to this address will be stopped.
- Error: An error occurred on the assignr.com system, and the message was not delivered.
- Dropped: If a message has the status of "dropped", it means that a previous attempt to send an email has failed due to a bounce, unsubscribe, or spam complaint. Any future attempts to send email to this recipient will be blocked.
Resuming Delivery for Unsubscribed/Bounced Addresses
If your email address has been blocked due to a bounce, unsubscribe, or spam report, you can unblock the address by using the following steps:
- Click your name, in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the Profile link.
- In the Email Delivery section, click the Resume Delivery link.
If you don't see a Resume Delivery link, then your messages are not currently being blocked.
Assignors can also resume delivery for anyone on the site:
- Click the People menu item.
- Click the person's name.
- Click the Resume Delivery link, if it is visible.