If your organization or leagues are associated with multiple schools that each have their own venues, teams, and contacts... read on.
Our Schools feature allows you to add all of your schools to Assignr, and link them to their corresponding teams, venues, and personnel (e.g. coaches, athletic directors, etc.).
This means that when you schedule a game that occurs at a school's venue, officials assigned to that game will be able to easily see that school and venue's address, plus any contact information for personnel you've added to that school.
If you'd like to set up Schools on your site, you'll want to follow these steps.
How to Set Up Schools
1. Enable the Schools feature.
Our Schools feature is available for anyone on our Elite plan and up. If you'd like to turn this feature on, be sure to upgrade to the Elite plan (if you haven't already), and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask us to enable it. We'll reach out to you as soon as that has been done.
2. Add a School.
To add a school, follow these steps:
1. Select the Maintenance / Schools tab.
2. Select Add a School.
3. Search for the school in the search bar.
4. Select the school when it pops up in the search bar. This will trigger the address to autopopulate on the screen.
5. If needed, adjust any information for the school (e.g. school name).
6. If you haven't added your schools' team(s) or venue(s) to the site yet, and if you'd like the platform to automatically create these things for you, leave the Create a Team & Create a Venue checkboxes checked. If you've already added your school's team(s) and venue(s) to the site, uncheck Create a Team & Create a Venue.
7. Select Save.
3. Connect your Venue(s), Team(s) & Personnel to your School.
If you've already added your school's venue(s), team(s), and personnel to your site, you'll just need to select them from their corresponding dropdowns on the school's page, and select Add. This will link them to that school.
As an example, here's what it looks like to add an existing Venue to a School:
For any of the school's venue(s), team(s), and personnel that you have not yet added to your site, select the appropriate New (Venue/Contacts/Teams) button, and follow the on-screen prompts to add them to your school.
As an example, here's where you'd get the process started for adding a new Venue to a School:
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for each of the schools you wish to add to the platform.
Frequently Asked Questions about Schools
1. What's the benefit of using the Schools feature?
Schools allow you to more easily share your schools' information with your officials. For any games happening at the schools and their associated venues, you (and your officials) will be able to see the schools' associated managers and their contact info, from within the game details, by selecting the i(nformation) icon.
2. Are there any other ways that I can tie people/venues/teams to their corresponding school?
Yes! You'll notice that when you're adding or editing managers, venues, and teams to the system, there will be a Schools dropdown on the screen where you can tie them to their associated school(s).
As an example, here's where you can tie a manager to a School, under their Permissions:
3. Are School Personnel (Managers) able to see information for all schools, or only the schools that they're associated with?
Only their schools! Whether you create a manager from the People section of your account, or from the Schools page, you'll be able to associate them with their appropriate school(s). This will ensure that they only see information and games for their relevant school(s), rather than all schools.
For example, a new user who's created with Manager permissions and associated with San Diego High School, will only see games involving San Diego High School.
Let us know if you have any questions as you begin to get your schools set up!