What is the People page?
The People section of your account shows you a list of your officials, assignors, and anyone else with access to the system.
Your officials will also be able to see this list. However, they will only see contact information for other officials who have chosen to make their contact information visible via their profile settings.
How do I add officials to the People page?
You can find step-by-step instructions on how to add people to your site here. We'll summarize the steps below, too.
1. Log in to your account.
2. Select the People screen.
3. Select + Add New Person.
4. Fill out all of the required fields in the official's profile.
The article linked above 👆 (also linked here) lays out all the required fields that must be filled in, in order to successfully save a person's profile to your site.
Follow those steps first. Once you've done that, return to this page and keep reading. 🤓
5. Optional: fill out any & all of the optional fields in a person's profile.
Below 👇 you'll find a list of each of the optional fields that you can fill out in an official's profile. We recommend filling out these fields if they're relevant for your specific use case.
A. Enter the official's address.
B. Enter the official's ID / Groups / Date Of Birth information.
These fields can be used to store identification numbers and certification level.
Note: Date of Birth can be entered, but will only be displayed as an age or as a masked date of birth (e.g. Jan 15 2001 will be displayed as 'XXX XX 2001').
Also, the ID fields must not be used for sensitive or other personally identifiable information (such as Social Security number, Social Insurance Number, or driver's license number). Should you want to collect an official's W9, please use our Financial module to do so.
C. Hide the official's profile from other officials.
Depending on your site's settings, your officials, or referees, may have access to a list of all the other officials on your site. The Hide Profile from Other Referees checkbox allows you to hide their personal information from other officials.
For the hidden folks, officials will only be able to send them messages when they are assigned to the same game.
D. Enter the official's Assignment Limits.
The Max Per Day, Max Per Week, and Max Per Month values can be used to enforce assignment limits for officials. This will ensure that an official cannot work more than a given number of assignments per day, per week, or per month.
Some details about how assignment limits work:
- By default, assignment limits are not set for a site or for an official.
- An entire site can be configured with an assignment limit, which will apply to all officials in the site. Assignment limits for a site are configured on the Site settings screen.
- An individual official may also have an assignment limit, based on the following rules:
- If a limit is set for a site, but is not set for an individual official, the site's value will be used.
- If a limit is set for an individual official, the official's value will be used, and the site value will be ignored.
- If a limit is not set for the site or the official, a limit will not be enforced.
- Weekly counts are calculated using a calendar week (Sunday-Saturday), and monthly counts are calculated based on a calendar month.
E. Upload a profile picture of the official.
6. Select Save.
What information can I see from the People page?
The People screen itself shows you a list of the names of your officials, assignors, and anyone else with access to the system.
To the right of everyone's names, you'll be able to see any available basic information for that person (like their phone numbers).
If you'd like to see details for each person, from your People page, simply select their name. This will bring you to a new page, which will show you the following information for the individual:
1. Personal Information, Registrations, Groups & Rules.
A. Personal Information.
The left-hand side of the screen includes basic information, like name, address, phone, email addresses, etc.
i. Sending a user's credentials.
From this page, you have the option to send the user:
- A new account email (if they've never logged in),
- Or a password reset email (if they've logged in before but need a new password).
ii. Viewing a user's status.
From this page, you can see the user's status, as well.
A person can have one of three statuses:
- Unconfirmed — the user's credentials have not been sent yet.
- Pending — the user's credentials have been sent, but they have not logged in yet.
- Confirmed — the user has logged in successfully before.
iii. Edit, Contact, or Delete user.
At the bottom of a user's personal information, you have the ability to select any of the following:
- Edit — this allows you to edit the user's profile information.
- vCard — this allows you to download the user's contact information, which you can then add to a phone's contact list, for example.
- Send Message — you can email users from within your site anytime.
- Delete — if this person is no longer a user, and you don't want them showing up in your People page, you can delete their profile altogether by selecting this button.
If your site uses our Registrations module, you can see and add to those, from the right-hand side of the screen.
C. Groups & Rules.
Below any registrations, you can view what Groups & Rules the official is a part of.
In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, you'll notice there are several other menu options that you can select for this user. You can learn more about each below.
This shows you all of the games this official is assigned to. You have the option to edit these games from this page, as you otherwise would from the Games page.
This brings you to the official's availability calendar, which you can edit from this page.
This shows you the official's abilities, which includes the age groups and positions they can work.
This is where you can set team, person or league conflicts for this official.
This page shows the official's accept/decline history.
This is a list of messages sent to the official. This will include direct messages and system notifications.
If you use our Game Reports feature, then you'll also see a Reports button in the menu, where you can view any submitted game reports from this official.
Phew. 😮💨 That was a lot of information. We hope it was helpful! Let us know if you have questions by reaching out to us anytime.